Can a mobile phone be used to project videos without using a projector?
Yes. Many people use a mobile phone to project videos without using a projector. The difference between projecting videos using a cellular device or projector is the size of the equipment and the portability it provides. In other words, an ordinary projector requires a dedicated power source to operate whereas a mobile phone is battery-powered and can function within the palm of the hand.
How To Use Your Phone For Projecting Videos?
1. First of all, you need to download a free projection app that will permit you to project videos on your phone. This app is required for connections.
2. After you’ve downloaded the app, open it and click on the “Window” button. After you’ve clicked on it, a new screen will appear that will connect the computer to your mobile.
3. Next, pick the required video file and paste it on the window screen that connects your mobile and computer.
4. After you’ve inserted the video into the window, wait for it to appear on your mobile device. If the transfer proceeds to completion, then you would see a transparent image of the video being played on your phone.
5. For connecting the phone with the PC or laptop, you can use HDMI cable or USB cable. Drag the videos you’ve projected onto the computer screen or televisions. You can also go through the steps mentioned above using the phone-projector app on your computer.
Types Of Devices/ Smartphones With Built-In Projectors
1. Android Products
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Lenovo K6 Note
- Huawei P Smart
- LG G7 ThinQ
2. Apple Phones
- iPhone 5, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, and above.
- iPhones are all equipped with iOS 7 built-in and can be used for projection.
3. Apple TV
- Apple TV 3rd generation and above.
- Xperia Z3 and above.
Apps For Using The Mobile Phone As A Projector
1. Pro-Fit V1
This app is one of the best apps for projecting videos on your phone because it has been downloaded by more than one million users worldwide and has an average rating of 4.3/5 on the Play Store.
2. The Full-Screen Pro
This app is a free projection app that you can use to project videos on your phone. The Full-Screen Pro has an average rating of 3.6/5 on the Google Play Store, and it’s been downloaded by more than 150 thousand users as of date. The screen is round in shape, allowing you to project videos similarly as the projector does.
Beneficial Features Of A Phone For Using As A Projector
1. It Can Be Used In Any Environment
Mobile phones have a built-in battery, and they can be used anywhere at any time. Most phones with built-in projectors run on lithium batteries that allow them to work independently of other devices. This is an important advantage in comparison to projectors because the latter requires a power cord for electricity.
A mobile phone is easily transportable, and it can be carried around anywhere you go. Projectors are large and consume a lot of space.
3. Low Costs And Low Maintenance
Mobile phones can be used for years without any problems, and they can be easily replaced if they suffer from any malfunction. At times, you will only have to replace the battery; this is cheaper than replacing the projector itself.
From the above, it is evident that mobile phones and projectors have their own advantages and disadvantages. By learning how to use your cell phone for projection, you will be able to display videos over large distances. This makes it easier for movie watching in public places.
Hope this article provided you with relevant information on the differences between projectors and mobile phones along with the benefits of mobile phone.